Why I love camping...

There is so much running through my mind, I am getting a little stressed with knowing where to even begin?  Maybe I should just start with why I love camping?  And after thinking on it for awhile, I really just love getting away.  Getting away from distractions- our phones, computers, work, text messages, everything.  Just being with my family in an element where you're just raw.  I love that Scott doesn't like me wearing makeup.  Y'all might not, I might scare you in a lot of my pictures because it's just me, and nothing is hiding all of my sun spots and acne so I will pre-warn you now for future posts to come. ;)  But I really love that I don't have to worry about the world or what is going on.  When we get outdoors, we forget and focus.  Focus on the beauty, focus on each other, and focus on what really matters in life. And of course letting our kids get insanely dirty!  I really love the fact that they are in their element when we are outdoors.  Sticks, Rocks, Flowers, our car is weighted down with all their "treasures" they find after a trip.  Now I am not saying this is not work in itself because trust me- it is!  Especially camping out of a small car.  But we see it as, we could be working on cleaning our house, or be doing camp chores surrounded by this:



Moab

Arches National Park - Devils Garden

Havasupai

Banff

Waterton National Park

Jasper National Park




Speaking of camp chores!   Maybe that will be my next post. How to alleviate some of those cleaning chores and just sit back and relax! Yeah... let's say that is coming up next.  Or please ask us questions to help jump-start this discussion and How To's!

Ha, our goal for this year is to go camping AT LEAST every other week.  There are a few factors that are motivating this decision which is, of course, the reasons I just listed above, as well as this blog and our new Youtube channel for kids (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrIMMWx6FlkdVOPAyY5ZVTg).  We want to share what we love with everyone, so we hope you enjoy!

- Keri

Comments

Popular Posts