We're the Lostetters!

Hey!  We're the Lostetter's: Scott, Keri, Lillian, and Case.


We LOVE camping, hiking, and just exploring the outdoors.  We mainly stay in Utah, but once or twice a year we're able to venture far beyond our boundaries to see what else is out there!  Our main reason for starting this blog is to show y'all how we do things.

We pretty much have camped out of our '95 Camry Wagon for the past 2 years, and before that, we camped out of our '08 Subaru Legacy.  Which if you've ever owned one of those, the truck is TINY! So it was for sure a challenge to get everything in.  Before we had kids we started off backpacking, so when the kids came into our lives we moved over to car camping from a minimalist perspective and that's helped a lot.  We probably should have started this blog years ago, so we will try to go back in time and catch you up on what we have learned over the years.

If you are wanting to get outdoors and have little ones running around, it may scare the crap out of you, but we are here to help calm your fears and ease your tension of camping with kids.  It really is so much fun and isn't that hard or require as much space as you might think.  Now, let me say this again, we are minimalist. We try to only take the necessities.

Scott and I each have our own roles so we share the weight, I guess you could say.  I am in charge of the food and kids clothes/ toys.  Scott is in charge of the gear/equipment.

Scott is a gear connoisseur,  I guess that's what you could call it.  We've had so much cool equipment in and out of our home, switching for this, trading for that, upgrading to lighter and smaller items. Coming up he will be posting about all different types of gear that he loves and has learned about.  He is very modest, but his off the cuff knowledge is pretty detailed and exact.  He doesn't give himself enough credit, but I feel it's pretty dang awesome! I am glad he's going to share it with y'all!

As far as what to expect from my posts -  I have a certain way I organize myself when I pack, and it's always worked great for me, so hopefully it will help you.  My goal is to make a packing list and organization outlines for y'all to print! I'll do my best to get that together soon.  I am also in charge of keeping our kids entertained on those long car rides, so I will be sharing what I have learned works best for Case and Lillian!

Feel free to ask us any questions along the way.  Remember our goal is to get you out there with us!

Here is a compilation of some of our recent travels to get this blog started!

Thanks for stopping by!

Keri







Comments

Popular Posts